49 life lessons from 4 fighters. Two real and two fictional…
… All four live on in my heart and in the hearts of millions worldwide.
Life Lessons From Bruce Lee…
1. Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
2. Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
3. If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
4. A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
5. Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.
6. A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.
7. I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.
8.Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.
9. Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one’s potential.
10. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.
11. Showing off is the fool’s idea of glory.
12. As you think, so shall you become.
13. The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
14. Take no thought of who is right or wrong or who is better than. Be not for or against.
15. Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.
16. To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.
17. It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.
18. All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.
19. All types of knowledge, ultimately mean self knowledge.
20. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.
21. The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be.
22. Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing. Awareness is without choice, without demand, without anxiety; in that state of mind, there is perception. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. Awareness has no frontier; it is giving of your whole being, without exclusion.
23. The possession of anything begins in the mind.
24. Don’t get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
25. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to ‘keep on flowing.’
Life Lessons From Tyler Durden…
26. I don’t want to die without any scars
27. Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It’s only after you’ve lost everything that you’re free to do anything. Nothing is static, everything is evolving, everything is falling apart.
28. You buy furniture. You tell yourself, this is the last sofa I will ever need in my life. Buy the sofa, then for a couple years you’re satisfied that no matter what goes wrong, at least you’ve got your sofa issue handled. Then the right set of dishes. Then the perfect bed. The drapes. The rug. Then you’re trapped in your lovely nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you.
29. I see all this potential and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables, slaves with white collars, advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don’t need.
30. Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.
31. Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions
32. You are not your job, you’re not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You’re not the contents of your wallet. You are not your fucking khakis.
Life Lessons From Muhammad Ali…
33. I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.
34. He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
35. A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
36. Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.
37. Life is a gamble. You can get hurt, but people die in plane crashes, lose their arms and legs in car accidents; people die every day. Same with fighters: some die, some get hurt, some go on. You just don’t let yourself believe it will happen to you.
38. The man who has no imagination has no wings.
39. Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are.
40. The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses – behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
41. It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.
42. We have one life; it soon will be past; what we do for God is all that will last.
43. My way of joking is to tell the truth. That’s the funniest joke in the world.
44. If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.
45. Silence is golden when you can’t think of a good answer.
46. What keeps me going is goals.
Life Lessons From Rocky Balboa…
47. It’s your right to listen to your gut, it ain’t nobody’s right to say no after you earned the right to be what you wanna be and do what you wanna do
48. No, maybe I can’t win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he’s got. But to beat me, he’s gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he’s gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he’s gotta be willing to die himself and I don’t know if he’s ready to do that
49. Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!”
To get more awesome life lessons on the reg, subscribe to ChrisMcCombs.Net here…
If you liked this post, I’d be stone cold honored if you would push some of those social media sharing buttons like the Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and Google Plus buttons at the top of this post and share it with your friends
And, I’d love to hear your thoughts below
I do my best to answer each and every one.